OPT FOR SECURITY AND PERFORMANCE
Improve the security and performance of your plant with alarm management, performance supervision, asset supervision, web-based data visualisation, optimisation, advanced control, and tuning with the new TaiJi tool.
ME-200-3E - Workshop: Troubleshooting and Control Loop Tuning
This workshop will allow you to improve the performance of PID-based control systems.
You will learn how to:
- Analyze loops, find problems, and determine the proper process model;
- Use appropriate methods of controller tuning based on the process type, the desired performance, and the significance of interacting loops;
- Choose the proper controller type;
- Draw the maximum benefits from existing equipments by optimizing the control loop.
Who should attend
Anyone involved in the diagnostic of control-related problems, or responsible for increasing loop performance.
From 8:30 am to 12:00 pm and from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm, each day.
Day 1: Processes and controllers
- Control loops
- Noise, disturbances, load
- Control objectives
- Simple model
- How to determine the proper model
- Types of processes
- Process flaws
- Natural frequency
- Industrial controllers
- Parameter conversion
- Models, effects on process control
- When to use derivative mode
- Intuitive tuning
- Traditional tuning methods
- Natural frequency
- Significance of dead time
- Limits of traditional tuning methods
- Identification of process problems
- Valve stiction
- Valve hysteresis
- Positioner overshoot
- Undesirable oscillations
- Finding problems through observation
- Incorrect controller settings
- Complex loop tuning using special algorithms
- Cascade, feedforward, override
- Output characterization
- Loops in series
- Loops in parallel
- Control loop analysis software
$2,640 for the three-day workshop.
The price includes lunch, coffee and tea during breaks as well as course notes.
Combine ME-200-3E and SE-130-2E and save $400!
Fundamentals of Process Control, Michel Ruel, Levis, QC, 1995, 292 p.
- Matrikon TaiJi (latest revision)
- Matrikon Control Performance Optimizer
Please note that each participant must have a laptop computer.
Our training seminars can also be offered on site. This has many advantages, such as:
- training content adapted to your plant's specific features;
- examples based on your needs;
- lower travel costs;
- a flexible schedule based on your team's availability;
- and so much more!
Please note that the cost of in-plant training may vary. Please inquire for pricing.
Contact us to learn more about on-site training.